cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Teams - post a message from the Flow Bot in GCC

I am getting the following error when trying to use the flow bot to post a message to a teams channel:

"error": {
    "code": "UnsupportedTenantRegion",
    "message": "Tenant home region 'gcc' is not supported."

We are in the US and my reading seems to indicate the Flow Bot works for government in the US. I am trying to post messages in teams with mentions.

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Teams - post a message from the Flow Bot in GCC

Hi @kbrooksSC,

What’s the region of your Office 365 account?

It should be the same with your Office 365 tenant.

Please check the following page for more details about region:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/regions-overview

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for replying. Our region says US.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm running in to the same issue with our gov cloud instance. Strangely non adaptive card posts to teams work, but we really need features only found in AC. There's nothing listed anywhere that says ACs are not supported in gov cloud... 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kbrooksSC,

What’s the region of your Office 365 account?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It is US Government.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

More specifically it is US West 2.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Is there any more info on this? 

As a GCC user I also get this error despite many of the offical docs stating that its supported. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem but I can't find the documentation.

Could you link the documentation that says it's supported?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That's the article I originally found, but I don't see 'bot' mentioned anywhere in that article. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It talks about "adding connectors" if you dig further the language says that they have enabled the supported connectors. 

So, they added the teams connector, which mostly depends on the flowbot being in teams to work. So basically they added a feature that says "it works" but did so with 90% of its functions crippled. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ah, I see.

The connector does work if you're not using the bot, it just makes posts as your profile...and @mentions don't work. 

I was looking for a specific call out to bots in the gcc docs because I attended a Microsoft brief last week and they mentioned that bots have NOT been approved yet in GCC.

And this week I found the bot option in the Teams connector. If it's available in the tenant it usually means the feature is supposed to work. It seems that's not the case here. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, 3-4 things in it work, but its very very limited in what it can do (eg can't use adaptive cards, or anything advanced or formatted) 

so, its fairly useless, plus having it post as you, isn't the most helpful. Also because it can't @ someone, then you can't use it to tag people in chats. 

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

March of last year it was mentioned that adaptive cards should be available in GCC:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/adaptive-cards-for-microsoft-teams-microsoft-flow-us-governmen...

It could be that the connectors in Teams weren't available. Check your Teams Admin portal to make sure it's enabled.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My case is the same as OP, the connectors are already available in flow.

However, we get the following error when trying to run the flow using the Teams connector any flow bot actions.

Snip.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

As mentioned earlier, it is posted there, however it does not work.

There is no flow bot released for teams, which is the core of this issue.

You need the bot, not the connector and the bot is not available for teams in GCP.

Highlighted

I got this same error but was able to get it to do what I was looking for with this workaround (with mentions!!): 

• Instead of selecting "Post a message as the Flow bot to a channel," I selected "Post a message (V3)"
  • In order to enable mentions (@'ing someone), I clicked the code view (little symbol that looks like this: "</>") and used this code to mention multiple people in the message:
    • <at>"username"@"domain"</at>   for example: <at>firstname.lastname@microsoft.com</at> (for my org, it's the user's email that goes between the <at> and </at>)

So, when someone filled out the form I linked this flow to, it now posts a message with the text I had indicated to the channel I had selected with the corrected people @'d. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,283)