cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LRainery
Frequent Visitor

Teams trigger on keyword

I am trying to trigger a new email off of a flow that would look for keywords in a new Teams message.   

This isn't working: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Trigger-an-email-back-to-user-when-a-keyword-is-m...

It accepts the flow, then when I test to run it (Manaully or automatically from a previous "successful test" it will not give me a positive but always a false that it can't find the trigger word, when it is absolutely in the flow exactly as the aforementioned link.

Trigger word: EMEA Escalation

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the very trigger that then kicks off an entire escalation process throughout three internal systems. 🙂 

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @LRainery,

Can you add this as a trigger condition in the settings of When a new channel message is added trigger action?

@not(equals(indexof(triggerOutputs()?['body/body/content'], 'EMEA Escalation'), -1))

keywordescalation_teams.png 

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @LRainery,

Can you add this as a trigger condition in the settings of When a new channel message is added trigger action?

@not(equals(indexof(triggerOutputs()?['body/body/content'], 'EMEA Escalation'), -1))

keywordescalation_teams.png 

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

LRainery
Frequent Visitor

Awesome, that did it! I was going down the right path at least, thank you for your very quick response and assistance! 😁

Hello there!

I know this post is kinda old but I was wondering if you could help me with solving my issue with this trigger. Is it possible to run this trigger only when it's the only (or first word) in the message? @Expiscornovus @LRainery 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,561)