cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LarryAlx
Level: Powered On

Temporary Tables

• I am currently pulling a list from a Sharepoint that contains enrollment info -  body('EnrollInf') - Start date being the start date of the contract
  • After pulling the list I need to determine a product to use based on whether or not the start date lands between the products
  • the start dates are being pulled in from another list - body('ProdInf'), Rate Start and Rate End being the date range on that list

There is no over lapping of dates on the ProdInf list and the following, Rate Start <= Start Date <= Rate End.

What actions or how would I express that in the flow?

Keep in mind I will need to use the result in a create action with the record info from the EnrollInf list to create a record on an sobject.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Temporary Tables

Hi @LarryAlx,

You can use two Get items to get rows of the two lists: 'EnrollInf' and 'ProdInf'.

But what's the relationship between the two lists? In other words, if you want to determine the Start date is between Rate Start and Rate End, you need to find a key column have same value in the two lists. I assume you set the key column named as ID,  you can use the following structure to create it:Annotation 2019-10-04 153208.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LarryAlx,

You can use two Get items to get rows of the two lists: 'EnrollInf' and 'ProdInf'.

But what's the relationship between the two lists? In other words, if you want to determine the Start date is between Rate Start and Rate End, you need to find a key column have same value in the two lists. I assume you set the key column named as ID,  you can use the following structure to create it:Annotation 2019-10-04 153208.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LarryAlx,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Super User
Super User

@LarryAlx 

While I agree with @LarryAlx I believe that you could simplify the Flow by using a Get Items action and an OData filter.

So, once you know the start date, use a Get Items action and filter it so that only items that meet your criteria are returned.

Here is a link to a blog post showing how to filter list items using an OData filter.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
LarryAlx

Hello @v-litu-msft 

I'm not sure I need the 1st condition but I do think this may be what I want to try.  Here is a better representation of what i am trying to do.  I am trying to assign a product to a contract using the start date as a way to filter for the product.

LarryAlx

Hi @ScottShearer 

Thank you for link, I definitely am trying to use odata filter more often, however I've had problems using 2 filter criteria

for example:

Not sure if this would be the correct syntax but I'm sure you'll get the idea.

Start Date ge 'Rate Start' and Start Date le 'Rate End'

Maybe you can let me know what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Larry V.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,527)