cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Terminate Control Does Not Stop Multiple Email Notices

Morning!
Hopefully the third request for help will be the charm. I've finally mastered the email error I was experiencing with the Delay control. Now I need to prevent multiple email notices from generating each time the file is 'modified.' I created 3-separate Flows for each time a file is modified. 1) When the User changes the 'Employee Review' column to 'Yes'; 2) When the 'Suzanne Approved' column is changed to 'Yes'; and 3) When the 'Will Approved' column is changed to 'Yes.' I have a 'Trigger Condition' in the 'When a file is created or modified (properties only)' Settings > Trigger Conditions field.

Employee Review: @equals(triggerBody()?['Employee_x0020_Review_x0020_Complete'], bool('True'))
Suzanne Approved: @equals(triggerBody()?['Suzanne_x0020_Approved'], bool('True'))
Will Approved: @equals(triggerBody()?['Will_x0020_Approved'], bool('True'))

I have a 'Terminate' control at the end of each Flow, but it does not prevent the generation of all email notices each time a column is changed. Is there another method I can use to stop the flood of email notices? Once again, thank you for any assistance or suggestions.

PVLove

FlowReview1.pngFlowReview2.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Terminate Control Does Not Stop Multiple Email Notices

Hi @PVLove 

Can you update your expressions to have just true in the trigger condition? something like this: 

@equals(triggerBody()?['Employee_x0020_Review_x0020_Complete'],true)

Assuming that the above column is a Yes/No column in SP

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yashag2255,

Thank you for the response.  The columns are Yes/No, but the suggested Trigger Condition didn't work.  I changed the condition in the Settings for each Flow, but it didn't terminate the multiple email notices when the Yes/No column is changed for a single file.

PVLove

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @PVLove 

The problem here is, whenever the item is getting modified, the trigger conditions of all the flows are being evaluated. For example, if employee review was set to yes, the employee review flow has triggered. Now, when suzzane approved is yes, both the employee and suzzane approved columns are true that satisfy the other conditions and therefore are triggered. 

You might want to add an update action in the flows to update these columns to no when the respective flow runs are completed for the specific item.

Hope this Helps!!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,945)