cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivan_wilson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Terminate Flow - difference between cancelled and failed

What is the difference between the Failed and Cancelled status in the Terminate Flow action?

When I use the Cancelled status, the flows are still reported in the weekly email summary as failed.

They do show as Cancelled when you view the Run History for the Flow. Is this a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ivan_wilson,

The Cancellation is artificial and the failure is by flow it self.

You could see the Cancelled as one type of failed so the Cancelled flows are still reported in the weekly email summary as failed.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ivan_wilson,

The Cancellation is artificial and the failure is by flow it self.

You could see the Cancelled as one type of failed so the Cancelled flows are still reported in the weekly email summary as failed.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

To me, this is not a solution. I need my flow to terminate and still not get counted as a failure because it is doing exactly what I want.

Agree. Sometimes, we just want the flow to stop in an intermediary step, and this should not be reported as failed.

Ideally, analytics in email, web, and mobile app shoud make a difference for each type of termination of the flow. Would be much easier to support and investigate the flow behaviour.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (25,955)