cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tre3
Level: Powered On

Terminate does not work in my flow

I made an approval flow for a form, but I can't use the terminate command when I use an apply to each function which I need to get the approver's response details included in the email.

What I want to occur is when a form gets submitted it goes to approval, if approved it sends email "1" if not it sends email "2". I set that part up and it works. I then tried to add a parrallel action to send reminder emails if it is still waiting on approval/rejection. For this to occur properly I need to include a "terminate" action so it doesn't send reminder emails after they have approved, but it says I can't use a terminate command in a "apply to each field". Does anyone know of a workaround?

Test Flow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Terminate does not work in my flow

Hi @tre3 ,

Terminate is not available in Apply to each, please refer to the following method to configure Flow.

81.PNG82.PNG

Details of Do until:

83.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@tre3 

Hi there.  One thought might be to set a variable in the beginning, update it on approval, and then check the status before sending the email.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

tre3

How would I go about doing that? I'm a little new to flow so I'm not as familar with using variables.

Super User
Super User

@tre3 

No problem at all.  First, check out this vid on using Forms and Flow.  I'm doing a Group Form here, so you can ignore the bit about the ID...but there's some variable stuff and approval stuff that might be relevant.

Next, see my notes below.  In the "add action" window, you can search for "Variable" and Initialize and Set will both pop up.

20191001.PNG

If you switch out "Responses" with "Outcome", you won't have all of those "Apply to Each" loops.  Imagine that you're sending the approval to 3 people, but want it to approve after the first person approves.  A "Response" is each of the three votes, that's why it's starting the "Apply to Each".  The "Outcome" is the aggregation of that information...so, person 1 approves, the outcome is automatically "Approve", right?

If I had an approval where everyone had to approve in order for it to go through, then I would need 3 "responses" before changing the "outcome".

Try it out and keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

tre3

The variable option did not work, but thank you for responding. Perhaps I am just not applying it correctly, can you show me an example of how the variable would work in a similar functional flow?  The purpose of the parrallel action's email is to send out as a reminder that there is an approval that has yet to be approved or rejected to those on the approver list which consists of multiple approvers.

In my current flow I do not have an option to choose "outcome" instead of "response". I watched your video, and I saw the user was able to choose "Start and wait for an approval V2" I don't have a "V2" option when selecting an approval action and I think Outcome is dependent on the new version.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @tre3 ,

Terminate is not available in Apply to each, please refer to the following method to configure Flow.

81.PNG82.PNG

Details of Do until:

83.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 154 members 5,419 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: