cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Testing approval reminder email can not complete workflow after 2 days reminder action

I have completed email approval (below) after reminder function success, but workflow not complete still waiting, do i have wrong config at reminder function?

hong_yip_0-1609300151431.png

hong_yip_1-1609300214498.png

hong_yip_2-1609300227643.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

As I've already mentioned.  There is no single action that will do what you want.  You need to replace the Delay with a Loop that has a shorter delay and keeps checking to see if the approval is done.  Like this.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Can you show us what is inside Apply to each 10?  The screenshot shows what is in a different Apply to each.  But its the Apply to each 10 that is holding things up.

But assuming it is mislabeled then the problem is that the reminder branch Do Unitl will run for at least 2 days before it evaluates the exit condition.  So even if the approval is completed immediately it will take as much as two more days before the flow moves on.

THX pstork1

"But assuming it is mislabeled then the problem is that the reminder branch Do Unitl will run for at least 2 days before it evaluates the exit condition.  So even if the approval is completed immediately it will take as much as two more days before the flow moves on."

if want to completed immediately and keep 2 day reminder, any way to config or work around solution ?

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

To do that replace the delay action with a do Until loop that exits either when a counter is reached or the approval is completed. Inside that loop set a much shorter delay, like 15 minutes and increment the counter each time the delay finishes.  The counter is for the number of 15 minute intervals in two days.  So if the approval isn't completed the inner loop continues to run until 2 days is up.  If it is completed the inner loop will finish after 15 minutes maximum and the outer loop will also complete.

thx Pstok1

is it suggest change "Timeout" intervals 

hong_yip_0-1609376228375.png

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

No, the timeout interval is for the entire Loop.  You need to replace the Delay 2 action with something that checks more frequently whether the approval is complete or not.  As long as that delay is there the loop will always wait a minimum of that Delay Interval.

Thx Pstork1

I am a new guy of power automate, any function can replace Delay?

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

As I've already mentioned.  There is no single action that will do what you want.  You need to replace the Delay with a Loop that has a shorter delay and keeps checking to see if the approval is done.  Like this.

image.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (64,325)