cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ck25415
Level 8

Text saved to String variable split into multiple lines and columns when saved to csv format

Hello,

I have a variable(string) that is appended with data from a sharepoint columns and other variables that collect id and different columns information.  The output variable is saved to csv and I am having issues when viewing the text from multipline text columns in the csv file. If there is a line space in the text in multiline column the text is split into two rows with an empty row in between and if there is a comma, text followed by it is saved to the next column in csv file. How can avoid this and save the text in a single cell.

I am not using the create csv file action as I need the csv in a certain format I have created the output variable with headers and append the data into it through other variables.

Thnks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ck25415
Level 8

Re: Text saved to String variable split into multiple lines and columns when saved to csv format

Hello @SandyU,

Thanks for the reply, I was able to resolve the issue. I used double quotes arround the variable that saves the text so that csv ignore commas and copies the text in a single cell.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Text saved to String variable split into multiple lines and columns when saved to csv format

Hi @ck25415,

To help in reproducing the issue, would you be able to provide a screenshot of your flow, or at least the part of it that is saving the data to a csv file? 

Thanks!

Sandy

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ck25415
Level 8

Hello @SandyU,

Thanks for the reply, I was able to resolve the issue. I used double quotes arround the variable that saves the text so that csv ignore commas and copies the text in a single cell.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@ck25415 

I'm curious if you wouldnt mind showing what you did?  It might help others to actually see it.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,274)