cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psbabu
Helper III
Helper III

The 'Create' method does not support entities of type 'activityparty'.

I am trying to create/update contacts after creating the appointment using MS FLOW. But its throwing below error. can any one please assist on how to associate/create/update activity party.?

Getting this while trying to creating activity party

The 'Create' method does not support entities of type 'activity party'.

Getting this while trying to update activity party

The 'update ' method does not support entities of type 'activity party'.

Regards,

SB

9 REPLIES 9
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @psbabu ,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow so we could better understand your issue and provide the workaround?

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alzhan,

Thank you for your time.

Here is the screenshot.

Party.PNG

Regards,

Suresh

Hi @psbabu ,

Could you please explain the details about how to create the activityparties entity and the fields in it so we could reproduce the issue?

I have made a test on my side and find a user has the same issue as yours, hope the link could helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Create-activityparty-from-Flow/td-p/38913...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Getting-appointment-attendees-activity-pa...

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alzhan,

I am trying to create appointment when event is added into my gmail google calendar.As we don't have the options Like required or optional look up fields on create record action from the CDS connector(select create record action from CDS=>select environment=>select appointment entity), I am creating appointment and then trying to create party list (contact) using appointment GUID.

Regards,

Suresh

MCJ
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi Psbabu

I've not tried using the activity parties entity in Power Automate before but the CDS Current Environment connector (available when you create a Flow inside a solution) has the ability to set the party list for records like appointments and email, specifying the correct roles like Organisor, required attendee etc. This is available when creating or updating records. Could you use this?

2020-04-26 18_22_35-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Thanks

Matt

Hi MCJ,

Thank you for your time.

As you suggested, I verified and there we can add if we know the static count for required/optional when appointment created. But if we want to add dynamically to required attendees list, no way to add in CDS current environment. Correct me if I am wrong on this. Anyhow thank you for showing this option.previously, I don't this option(CDS Current Environment connector (available when you create a Flow inside a solution)).

That’s why I wrote plugin to achieve.

Entity party1= new Entity("activityparty");
party1 ["addressused"] = "test@gmail.com";
party1 ["partyid"] = new EntityReference("contact", contactid);
EntityCollection opt = new EntityCollection();
opt.Entities.Add(party1);
Entity appointment = new Entity
{
LogicalName = "appointment",
Id = activityid
};
appointment ["requiredattendees"] = opt;
service.Update(appointment)

Regards,

SB

Hi Psbabu

There is a button which can switch the input from a user interface to an array, so if you can format your input like an array (of which i'd build in the UI to get the right schema) you should be able to do this, but I haven't fully tested this.

thanks
Matt

Hi MCJ,

As you suggested, I tried on EmailMessage. But it not adding in To party list attribute. here i am trying to add Two Contact GUID to that To Attribute field.Please assist on this one.

error9.PNG

err10.PNG

As you said,got an option to add array of objects. Let me try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,500)