cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Top_Notch

The Ultimate Spam Blocker

Hello everyone, 

I am attempting to use Flow to remove spam emails from my life. I would like to have a flow set up in the following manner:

When a New Email Arrives > Check the Body for common spam words > Delete the Email; and if said email doesn't have the trigger words, it can be moved to my Inbox. 

Outlook.com rules don't run on the junk folder, unless manually triggered in the desktop client. So I am using flow to take all emails that are sent to my junk mail and move them to my inbox. In theory, this should trigger outlook rules to run and delete the email. However, just using flow itself, I would like to target specific phrases and have them deleted. I'm not 100% sure that if I use flow to move an item from my junk mail folder to my inbox if that rules will automatically run. That's why these specific phrases are important to be targeted and deleted. 

Sometimes my flows are successful, but I am getting failures saying "Action 'Delete_email' failed" I have checked the logic a few times and it looks good. I have it set up to when a new email arrives, check the body for a containing word, if yes condition is triggered "Delete email" on Message Id, if no condition is triggered then the email is moved to my inbox. 

Flow Test.png

1 REPLY 1
JohnAageAnderse
Super User
Super User

Hello @Top_Notch 

When the Delete email action fails, what error message do you see?

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (84,288)