cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NPGE
Frequent Visitor

The body of the email is blank in the edit mode

Hi everyone,

I have a flow that sends an email after a form is filled by a user. Everything is working good, but now I need to change the content of the body of the email. The problem is that when I enter the edit mode the part of the body of the email is completely empty, as if there was nothing, but there is actually something. In fact, when users are answering the form, the email is sent and the body is there as it is supposed to be. Does someone know how to have the body of the email back, to be able to edit it in a normal way?

The only way I can fix that right now is to create all the body of the email again, but that would take me a very long time and I would need to repeat that process every time I wanted to change anything in the body of the email, so it is not an option.

Other information:

- I am using Send an email (V2)

- I am using Microsoft Edge

NPGE_0-1631020542547.png

NPGE_2-1631020726858.png

6 REPLIES 6
ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

It does look like the content was delete, written over or not saved.

Try making a new copy of the flow:

ekarim2020_1-1631031463029.png

(1) Go to the Flow Details screen

ekarim2020_0-1631031327382.png

(2) Turn off the current flow

(2) Us Save As to save a new copy of the flow

(3) Check the Send Mail Action. If it's OK, turn on the flow.

Ellis

NPGE
Frequent Visitor

Hi Karim,

I tried with your suggestion, but I am still having the same problem. Any other ideas?

NPGE_0-1631086268413.png

ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

All I can suggest is switching the mode to HTML and check if there is any content there.

ekarim2020_0-1631090054666.png

But it does seem that the email body is really empty due to the hint text "Specify the body of the email".

If you need to construct the body of the email again, is there anything in the run history that you could use to help with the task?

ekarim2020_2-1631090591399.png

When an email body is going to be complex I usually construct the it using variables or compose action, or a combination of the two, then I insert them into the body@

ekarim2020_1-1631090330631.png

Ellis

NPGE
Frequent Visitor

That did not work, but thank you for trying 😞

Does anyone have other suggestions?

mpoppe
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, nothing in the body when edit the flow, but when it runs the mail is sent with body.

As I have multiple flows with multiple mails in it, this is a huge problem.  Anyone who can explain why this happened or has a solution, would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

NPGE
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I still did not get a solution to this. So yes, it would be great if someone could come up with an answer/solution to this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,992)