cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poma23
Frequent Visitor

The date format in Excel is changed after exporting from power BI

Hello all,

I'm struggling with keeping the date format and conditional formatting in excel after export from Power BI using power automate. my date in power BI is formatted as 'Date' and change color depend on being before, on or after today():

Poma23_0-1626000219488.png

but after export to excel it looks like the image bellow:

Poma23_2-1626000485016.png

Here is my flow:

Poma23_1-1626000438209.png

I don't know how the format is getting changed in the process.

Will appreciate any help. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
FlowHawk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey @Poma23, I'm having a hard time understanding what is happening. It sounds like you have a Power BI report with a Power Automate button visual. When you click the button in the report, a flow kicks off that copies an Excel file and checks it out. What happens next in the Apply to each field? And are you saying that the date format in the copied file don't match the date format in the file it was copied from?

Poma23
Frequent Visitor

Hello @FlowHawk 

Thank you so much for your response. I have a power BI file and I try to export one of my visualizations in power BI into an excel file in SharePoint using power automate.  
- At the beginning I started to just have a button in Power BI (used power automate) that could export the data. as bellow: 

Poma23_0-1626203693193.png

It worked fine for the first round but after that every time I clicked on the button in Power BI, it just added the new data at the same excel file. so I ended up having a long list.

Therefor I, copied a clean excel file to begin with so my flow could add the data in the new excel file instead of export everything in the same file.

Poma23_1-1626204189314.png

Now I have 2 issues:
1- My date is changing format when Its exported to the excel file
2- my flow shows only the clean excel sheet which is copied and not then one I'm adding rows to. It is empty

I really need help, pls help if you can. thank you

FlowHawk
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm happy to help. Can you expand your "Apply to Each" step and show what transformations you are doing in that loop?

Poma23
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

here is an image, hope it helps to clarify

Poma23_0-1626244162455.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,543)