cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
in2217
Level 8

The execution of template action <> is skipped: another response action has already executed

Hi,

The flow is triggered by incoming POST request and has multiple conditions and switches.

Inside one of the paths there are two HTTP actions: first one is HTTP GET followed by HTTP Response and more steps, then another HTTP (POST) followed by HTTP Response step.

Two Response steps have different Status codes, both set to run asynchroniously and both configured to run after success of the previous step.

But the second Response action fails with the message

The execution of template action '<HTTP POST action name>' is skipped: another response action has already executed.

Is there a limit on the number of Response actions within a flow? And if so, how do I work around this limit?

Background: first HTTP request is to query a system for existence of an item and the second one is to create one if not found. In both cases responce is a large JSON so I'm using response action to get it and pass to "pass json" action to extract a specific value from the system response.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
in2217
Level 8

Re: The execution of template action <> is skipped: another response action has already executed

Not answering the question, but I just realized I did not need the second Response action at all because Parse JSON worked perfectly with the "Body" returned from the HTTP POST action.

I'm still interested in finding about the Response action though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 351 members 4,437 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: