cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
tdwils
Helper III
Helper III

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Delete_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid... help

Hello,

 

I am still struggling to get this Flow figured out.  I am closer, though.  To recap, this flow needs to do the following:

 

  • In list 1, when there is a change, flow checks for a YES on the "delete?" column.
  • Flow then gets items from list 2, deletes them, then deletes the item in list 1.

 

I am running into an issue when it gets to the second bullet point.  I am getting the following error:

 

WorkflowOperationParametersRuntimeMissingValue. The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Delete_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The resolved string values for the following parameters are invalid, they may not be null or empty: 'id'

 

I am unsure of what this means or how to fix it.  Does anyone have any advice?  Attaching pics of current Flow for reference.

tdwils_0-1647287464832.png

tdwils_1-1647287495563.png

 

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdwils
Helper III
Helper III

I figured it out!  It's because I was trying to filter query on a person/group field, which it doesn't seem to like.  The solution is to simply tweak the filter query to compare emails of the person/group fields.  Here is the finished flow, which has been tested and works as intended.  Hope it helps someone!

 

tdwils_0-1647549413930.png

tdwils_1-1647549463197.png

 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @tdwils 

 

Could you check the run history and expand the compose action step. See what value is returning. Also check the previous action step. Are you filtering the list2 with any particular condition? It might not finding the right record. Believe you may have some issue in your filter.

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm - it's returning nothing, a blank page for both inputs and outputs.  I imagine maybe the expression is messing something up?  The initial steps succeed (the outputs of the first step are catching the item that is changing, and the condition is returning as 'true.'

 

Knowing next to nothing about how all this works, is it possible that I need to pick *either* body or value and not have it be "body/value" in the compose expression?  Just throwing out ideas.

 

Thanks for your help!

Hi @tdwils 

 

What's your Get Item filter output gives? Check that using run history. Here you added the first() expression to get the id to avoid the loop I believe hence it could return a null or blank value if the filtering is wrong. For debugging purpose add a compose action step after the Get Items and map the ID under this. This will create the loop automatically. Run the flow and see what's returning. Pretty sure that filter is wrong. 



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

@abmPrior to making changes I double checked what "Get Items" was returning.  It's also not returning anything (body value is blank).

 

After adding a compose action, it's still returning the same thing.  Here's the "Get items" expanded.  I chose Title as it was a consistent field across the two lists, but now that I'm looking, I don't think those two items would have matched up.  Instead, it should probably be Title eq 'Name' but I tried that and I'm still getting the same error.

 

tdwils_0-1647290828702.png

 

 

Hi @tdwils 

 

Yes that's exactly I was thinking that your Get Items is not returning anything. Check manually the value exists in second list. You need a common identifier for the match.



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

@abm- I cannot for the life of me get this to work.  The filter should work.  The columns I am comparing contain exactly the same type of data set up exactly the same way (person or group).  No matter what combinations I am trying I still get the same error and nothing is being populated.  Do you have any additional suggestions/things to try?

 

Thanks!

@abm- Another thought, these two lists exist in two separate libraries.  Is that causing an issue?

tdwils
Helper III
Helper III

I figured it out!  It's because I was trying to filter query on a person/group field, which it doesn't seem to like.  The solution is to simply tweak the filter query to compare emails of the person/group fields.  Here is the finished flow, which has been tested and works as intended.  Hope it helps someone!

 

tdwils_0-1647549413930.png

tdwils_1-1647549463197.png

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,435)