cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Get_user_profile_(V2)' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid

Hello,

In my flow, I am receiving this error on my 'Get user profile (V2) action:

WorkflowOperationParametersRuntimeMissingValue. The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Get_user_profile_(V2)' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The resolved string values for the following parameters are invalid, they may not be null or empty: 'id'

sudosaurus_0-1669901230028.png

I have tried the inputs for this as 'Reviewed by DisplayName' and 'Reviewed by Email Address' but it fails on both!

Flow details:

sudosaurus_1-1669901309974.png

sudosaurus_3-1669901441985.png

sudosaurus_5-1669901627015.png

3 REPLIES 3
srApps
Resolver III
Resolver III

There could be a few things causing it to not find the user. That action does require either the ID or UPN so the email address should work (although UPN and email aren't always the same). My other question is are there any items in your list where 'Reviewed by' is blank or is it a required field?

As an alternative you could use the Search for users (V2) action. This will return an array even if only one result is found so you'll need to get the first one's name/email/etc. with an expression or something. You can use display name or email address with this, but I'd recommend email address since display names can be the same for multiple users.

sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@srApps - yes there are some items where the 'Reviewed by' column is empty.

srApps
Resolver III
Resolver III

Perhaps adding a Condition to check if that field is blank just before the 'Get user profile' action would fix it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,517)