cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Engstedt
Frequent Visitor

The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator - even with view that has 2 columns

I am trying to convert some of my hold Sharepoint 2010 flows (as they have now been "obsoleted") - and, i need to gather information from various lists and combine answers in a final list. 

When creating my flow - I am doing a sharepoint query : "When an item is created or modified", pulling data from the first list that I need to get data from. Initially I recall that the above error message (The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator) had something to do with the number of columns in the view, so I created a view that I call "Flow View" which basically just shows two columns. However, I am still getting this same error! 

What am I doing wrong?

So frustrating to having to rebuild workflows that has worked flawlessly in Sharepoint 2010 for 3 years. Especially as Flow is so much more limited in userfriendliness compared to Sharepoint designer 2013.. 

Thanks in advance! 

Thomas 

Enabling Innovation
22 REPLIES 22

@Jay-Encodian 

Hi again, sorry for the delay - been a crazy day. I´ve tried all the above, and also checked that there are no filters, still the same result. I am losing my mind..  Will email the stp shortly. 

Enabling Innovation

@Engstedt - have just replied via support

kmw1130
Post Patron
Post Patron

I'm getting the same error, my Get Items is using a view with less fields, but it is erroring at Update File Properties.  Is there were there are too many fields?  How would I get around this?  I'm capture each of the approvers name, approved date and comments.  It was working up until a few weeks ago, now continually getting this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,338)