cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

The "To" field in approval email rejection and approval not populating

I have a flow that finds a person's manager and they then receive an email with details from a SharePoint list.

The Manager then approves or rejects the content of the email.

All of a sudden the "Approved"/"Rejected" email back to the person who kicked off the approval process doesn't work.

The email that is being generated is not populating the "To" field and i have no idea why.

This is how it picks up the email address of the Requestor

Reject email 1.JPG

This is the error and what is being picked up.

Reject email 2.JPG

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Glen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Glen,

I found a similar issue: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Error-message-The-to-array-is-required-for-all-pe...

Brad_Groux has provided one possible explaination:

Your error is SendGrid API related, and not Power Automate related. Please refer to the SendGrid Web API V3 documentation which is being referred to in the POST output. Please also refer to the SendGrid connector documentation, and notice that the Email parameters are of type String. What is likely happening, is the dynamic email address you are passing through, is not of the type string. See how to use the Compose or Join data operations to convert to a string.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Glen,

I found a similar issue: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Error-message-The-to-array-is-required-for-all-pe...

Brad_Groux has provided one possible explaination:

Your error is SendGrid API related, and not Power Automate related. Please refer to the SendGrid Web API V3 documentation which is being referred to in the POST output. Please also refer to the SendGrid connector documentation, and notice that the Email parameters are of type String. What is likely happening, is the dynamic email address you are passing through, is not of the type string. See how to use the Compose or Join data operations to convert to a string.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

Hi 

Thanks for the response but i'm not using Send Grid. The only connectors in this are Approvals, O365 Users and Mail.

The email address is being pulled from the SharePoint list and the variable "ProjectManagerEmail" has it (i believe). This has worked many many times before but just stopped working.

Cheers

Glen

Hi Glen,

Got it. Would you like to raise a support case to MS via Power Platform? The error message is general that cannot provide a clear RCA for your special issue.   

Support Engineer may need more information in detail for investigation, for example, your Power Automate URL

Frequent Visitor

HI @sss 

Yep that would be great if you could raise a support case.

Cheers

Glen

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,045)