Frequent Visitor

Ticketing system - Changing task name according to mail content

Hi,

I built a flow which enables me to:

1. Export a mail once I get it on my mailbox

2. Upload it to a Sharepoint website

3. Create a planner task where the title matches the email subject

4. Attach the email to the task created

However, I would like to update the task title according to the mail content and/or the email subject. For example:

1. If my object mail is "New dogs on market", I would like to create a rule and update the task title with "[Animals] New dogs on market". Then if Microsoft Flow detects that the word is part of list I created, it will update the task name accordingly.

2. If my email subject is "New games on market", if I find the word "Xbox" several times in the email body, I would like to update the task title with "[Xbox] New games on market".

I need those tags to because I want to create a ticketing system with Planner. Do you think it is feasible? By using AI Builder maybe?

Thanks in advance,

KR

4 REPLIES 4
VincentR
Frequent Visitor

Up please 🙂

Yes, you can leverage AI Builder to do this

You can use the category classification functionality to define specific categories that you can use as key word for your ticketing system

Category classification documentation

You can also look at the following Flow template that aims at addressing your specific use case: 

Route emails according to category of a text by AI Builder on new email

Hi Benoit,

Thank you for your answer.

Two questions:

- Is it possible to change the mail object when the task is created (because the title task will be the same as the mail object?)

- Is it possible to define a list of words so categories are automatically assigned?

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi @VincentR,

When building your flow, you can select to use either the subject of the email or the body of the email:

2020-07-28_9-49-30b.png

When you build your AI Builder category classification model you can select the list of words you want to use as tags. The model will then use these tags as categories to assing.

2020-07-28_9-49-33.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (6,001)