cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theonlywebhead
Frequent Visitor

Ticketsystem: how to get a follow up response

I've made a flow which creates a ticket in planner from a form. Ideally a superior has to approve the request. 

After the approval is given, the ticket (task) needs to be updated and a label will be removed.

I'm trying to get a good way to notify the superior and get it's approval.

-I might send an email but I can't find a way to pose a question in the mail and get the response back. Or I have to build an elaborate system to retrieve the mails in our mailbox and link them to the ticket. Alas I couldn't figure out how to include an html checkbox in a mail sent by powerautomate.

-I might ask an approval by a chat bot in teams but I'm not sure when the flow times out when no response is send within a certain time. 

Any suggestions here? Any solution I should look into which I'm overlooking or not aware off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimmyWork
Super User
Super User

Please try "Send email with Option", then setup a condition, if answer is Approved then create task in planner.

Or use "Approval process" in flow.

Form submitted by user.

Lookup Manager.

Send Approval or use Send email with Option.

Condition, if approved, create task in planner.

A power automate flow will stay alive for 30 days, if no respond back then it will close itself and the email response wont work. There are ways around this if you need more then 30 days.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JimmyWork
Super User
Super User

Please try "Send email with Option", then setup a condition, if answer is Approved then create task in planner.

Or use "Approval process" in flow.

Form submitted by user.

Lookup Manager.

Send Approval or use Send email with Option.

Condition, if approved, create task in planner.

A power automate flow will stay alive for 30 days, if no respond back then it will close itself and the email response wont work. There are ways around this if you need more then 30 days.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,226)