cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesWalsh
Level: Powered On

Time Zone problem with Create Sharepoint List item action

Hi
I know there are lots of questions on these forums regarding time zones but I can't find one that explains the problem I'm having.
The scenario is that when an email arrives into a shared mailbox I want to create an item on a Sharepoint list and then perform various actions. Screenshot of the flow below.
I'm in London and my timezone is UTC (albeit we are on British Summer time +1:00 currently) so that should simplify things but I'm finding that when I view the time on the SP list it's been changed by 7 hours for some reason. The Regional Settings on the SP site are set to London, however they were set to US Pacific time when the site was originally created for some reason, but I changed it weeks ago, I'm wondering if this could be something to do with it perhaps?
The point in the flow when things change is between the inputs and outputs of the 'Create item' action as you can see below, changing from "2019-09-11T15:27:18+00:00" to "2019-09-11T08:27:18Z"
Anyone any ideas why it's doing this and what I could do to correct it?
Many thanks in advance
James.2019-09-11 16_31_11-Run History _ Microsoft Flow.png2019-09-11 16_30_13-iCount - Purchase Invoice Log - Outstanding.png2019-09-11 16_28_52-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png2019-09-11 16_30_56-Run History _ Microsoft Flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beerman212

Re: Time Zone problem with Create Sharepoint List item action

I have found when sending items from Outlook to Sharepoint that I have to use the formatDateTime expression to get the extended "time" parts of the timestamp to get into sharepoint correctly, otherwise it kind of lops them off.  the expression is formatDateTime(<timestamp>, 'g').  If I don't format it, it loses all of the time information when it goes into SharePoint for some reason.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Beerman212

I have found when sending items from Outlook to Sharepoint that I have to use the formatDateTime expression to get the extended "time" parts of the timestamp to get into sharepoint correctly, otherwise it kind of lops them off.  the expression is formatDateTime(<timestamp>, 'g').  If I don't format it, it loses all of the time information when it goes into SharePoint for some reason.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
JamesWalsh

Hi

That's solved my issue - thank you so much!

James.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,487)