Dear fellow Flow / SharePoint users...
1st off, I´m new to the whole thing, hence I have - so far - relied heavily on this forum and any other source of insight, Google could find for me 😉
As in countless other posts and scenarios, I am trying to build a process for leave requests and manager appovals.
I´ve managed to get just about everything to work the way I want it, except the mess with date & time!
So, here´s a few screenshots for reference (my apologies, some of it is in German - I neglected to go "all-english" when I took my first steps to doing this....)
1) SP list
2) SP calendar in list view
3) beginning of flow, converting dynamic content from SP List
4) end of flow. creating item in SP calendar
5) approval e-mail landing in my inbox
Frankly, I would love to just strip the time of all of these.
I don´t actually need it. All I need are All-Day-Events 😉
Here's some info that will hopefully make things clearer.
1) Dates are stored in UTC format.
2) SharePoint list dates are formatted and displayed based on the regional settings of the site collection. Probably Pacific time. Looks like your list is showing UTC and your calendar is showing Pacific.
3) Dates in PowerApps will be displayed in your local timezone.
4) Dates that are Dates alone still have a time component, normally set to midnight UTC time.
Hopefully those facts will help you figure out what you are looking at so you can adjust accordingly.
There is no magic solution. If you understand what the input timezone is and what output timezone is expected you need to do more of what you are doing and translate to the appropriate timezone. If you want to work with full days, then the easiest way to do it is to switch the code from midnight UTC to noon. Then format the response to show just the date portion. Switching to noon will stabilize the date portion for half the timezones in the world. As I said, there is no easy solution. You just have to understand how the different timezones work and do the translations as needed.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!