cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielst
Frequent Visitor

Time-delayed and summarized sending of e-mails

Hi experts,

I have a problem regarding an automated flow with the trigger 'When a row is created, updated or deleted'.

This should simply send an email notification to the owner when a new component is created. This works fine. The problem is that it happens that components are added very often in a short time. So for example five components are created in two minutes and the owner gets five e-mails, although one would be enough.

So it would be good to wait for a certain time (e.g. 5 minutes) when the trigger is fired. If the trigger is not fired again during this time (that means that no component is created for 5 minutes), the flow continues and an email is sent.
However, if a component is created again after e.g. one minute, this time is reset and the system waits again for five minutes for the flow to continue.

It would be great if you could help me! Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielst,

According to your description, I create a Flow as below:

1. Trigger when an item is created, modified, or deleted;

2. Delay 310 seconds ( 5minutes + 10 seconds);

3. Get the item again to get lasted value of the last modified time;

4. Create a condition action, if the last modified time of Get a row by ID equals to last modified time of trigger, it means the item has no been modified in the past 310 seconds, then send email:

Screenshot 2021-02-27 143952.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-27 145617.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielst,

According to your description, I create a Flow as below:

1. Trigger when an item is created, modified, or deleted;

2. Delay 310 seconds ( 5minutes + 10 seconds);

3. Get the item again to get lasted value of the last modified time;

4. Create a condition action, if the last modified time of Get a row by ID equals to last modified time of trigger, it means the item has no been modified in the past 310 seconds, then send email:

Screenshot 2021-02-27 143952.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-27 145617.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

danielst
Frequent Visitor

As I understand it, of course the trigger is fired when a new component is created (e.g. with ID: 1234 for the new Component).
After that it waits.
As 3rd you specify the following point:
'3. get the item again to get lasted value of the last modified time;'

This last modified time would be the same for the component with the ID 1234. The problem is that when a new component (with a new ID) is created, the trigger is fired again.

So (at least according to my understanding) you would still get multiple emails when using your suggestion. This flow would only work if a component is created and then edited.

Please clarify if I am wrong.
Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,026)