Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PremierD
Helper II
Helper II

Time zone conversion issue

Hi PA community,

Seeking knowledge and help please. I have a flow that is working. When a change is made to a file in a folder in SharePoint it triggers an email, happy days. However the 'modified time' is skewed and always an hour ahead. Can anyone point out where I am going wrong or where to change? Flow and formulas below

flow_step1.png

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(),-7))

flow_step2.png

convertTimeZone(item()?['Modified'],'UTC','W. Europe Standard Time','f')

And in the email the 'modified' time that uses the convert time zone is always one hour ahead, how can I make it match GMT?

email example.png

Thanks in advance 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PremierD,

I think the issue that the converted time zone is always one hour ahead is caused by daylight saving time, as a workaround, you just need to do is use addHours() function to adjust, place it in the HTML table area:

addHours(convertTimeZone(item()?['Modified'],'UTC','W. Europe Standard Time','f'),1,'f')

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@PremierD  In you screenshot, HTML Table action, I see

CFernandes_0-1599833957274.png

Instead of the Expression, can you give the action below a try...

CFernandes_1-1599834042996.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi CFernandes,

I am not entirely sure where in the flow to place it?  As I cannot place it in the HTML table area, should it be just before?

time added.png

Thanks

Hi @PremierD,

I think the issue that the converted time zone is always one hour ahead is caused by daylight saving time, as a workaround, you just need to do is use addHours() function to adjust, place it in the HTML table area:

addHours(convertTimeZone(item()?['Modified'],'UTC','W. Europe Standard Time','f'),1,'f')

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey Lin_Tu

That really helped, I had to change the hours to '-1' , and then it was spot on, thanks very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,044)