Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikola_bgd
Advocate II
Advocate II

Time zone issue

Hi, 

I'm trying to finish a flow that I've started, the flow is about taking -1 day off from a SharePoint set date, and if the date is Monday than set it to Friday. If the user selects today's date, than, the system should leave the date without -1. 

The issue with the flow is that when users select the date in SharePoint, its usually put in the format: 10.08.2021 00:00. The flow picks it up and I'm not sure why thinks that it's 2021-08-09T22:00:00Z.. so it probably calculates the time zone selected in local and than sends it to flow UTC which is 2 hours before my zone. 

So when I am checking if the date is TODAY, the flow thinks it's not today but yesterday. 

nikola_bgd_0-1628599410382.png

Is there any solution to this? Changing the dates format directly in SharePoint to UTZ is not an option for me..

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Convert both the expressions to the Timezone set for the site and then compare... Below is an example.. Replace Get_Item to your action name and replace correct column name. Then replace Timezone that your site has.

convertFromUtc(outputs('Get_item')?['body/Client due date'], 'Pacific Standard Time')

Similarly convert UTCnow() as well. 

Also apply format on both since you are only interested in date and not time. Something like below...

formatDateTime(convertFromUtc( outputs('Get_item')?['body/TestDate'], 'Pacific Standard Time'), 'MM-dd-yyyy')

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,934)