cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SH3R
Frequent Visitor

Timeout limit of Do until workaround

Hi,

Since wait action is not present in power automate I am using Do Until actions for my flows but I am not able to find proper documentation for it and having trouble understanding the limits.

What does count do in the limits? if suppose I have gives count as 100 and no timeout in that case I understand it'll do 100 iteration or checks but on what basis or on what intervals?

Another thing I am stuck on is that Do Until max timeout is 30 days but there can be scenarios that approvals could take more than 30 days what should we do in that case?

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

The count refers to the number of iterations - the number of times a loop will execute.

A do until loop defaults to a maximum of 60 loops and a timeout 1 hour.  Theses defaults can be changed by clicking on change limits in the action.  A Do until loop will loop a maximum of 5000 times. 

Loop iterations run immediately - there is no delay by default.  You may want to insert a delay action into the loop in order to stop the loop from proceeding for a specified period of time.

Here is a link for more info.

Here is a link to the documentation.

Any Flow will timeout in 30 days.  One work around is to use a recurrence trigger and check the status of an item periodically.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

so in case if I have left the count field as blank and timeout to 30 days the number of counts exceeds 5000 or it stops at 5000?

Thanks for the reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,255)