Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruno_C
Regular Visitor

Timeout on a Respond to Power App after Trigger

Hello ...
I need to purge a table and then run the dataflow that will reload it 
I would like to get the result of the dataflow reload 

I built then the following flow (I am aware that I could improve the deletion performance but for the time being please ignore it)

Help.png

It turns out ... that I get a "Request to the backend service timed out" on the "Respond to a Power App" Card ...

Any hint?

Btw... I need to use this as a child flow, this is why I added the "When a dataflow refresh completes" & "Respond to a Power App 

Btw #2, The "When a dataflow refresh completes" has a timeout of several hours, but right now I am on test mode and it takes less than 4 minutes for it to complete... I added the Try/Catch just as an attempt (fruitless) to handle the error
Here's the resulting error

Help2.png

Any help will be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bruno_C ,

As long as the flow of Power Apps as trigger runs for more than 2 minutes, it must report a timeout error when writing back data. There is currenty no way to solve the timeout problem, but you could try this workaround:

Save the things you want to return to online services such as SharePoint or Dataverse, and then connect to these online services in the Canvas APP to get the running results of Flow. For Example:

1\My Flow

vbofengmsft_0-1654161344722.png

2\My App

vbofengmsft_1-1653546218501.png

Because the response is executed first, there will be no timeout. App can obtain the unique identification code, and then use this identification code to search the data that flow was sounded during execution and saved in the SP.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bruno_C ,

As long as the flow of Power Apps as trigger runs for more than 2 minutes, it must report a timeout error when writing back data. There is currenty no way to solve the timeout problem, but you could try this workaround:

Save the things you want to return to online services such as SharePoint or Dataverse, and then connect to these online services in the Canvas APP to get the running results of Flow. For Example:

1\My Flow

vbofengmsft_0-1654161344722.png

2\My App

vbofengmsft_1-1653546218501.png

Because the response is executed first, there will be no timeout. App can obtain the unique identification code, and then use this identification code to search the data that flow was sounded during execution and saved in the SP.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,320)