cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
New Member

Timezone conversion no longer working - I haven't touched it!

Is it possible for flows to break themselves?

 

I am trying to do a simple flow to keep track of my timecard for me. Up until a few days ago, I was using a convert timezone function to take the timestamp into both a short date and a short time (using the same input, converting twice for two outputs) and inputting them into an excel table. This was working properly up until a few days ago. Now, the time conversion is no longer working and is providing me with the UTC date and PST short time. Once I got this flow up and running a few weeks ago I haven't edited it at all! So I'm not sure why suddenly only the time converter isn't working. It shows the correct input, but for some reason, the output changes. Sample text I'm getting under "Insert Row" included. The working one is first, the broken one second. As you can see the inputs are still the same but the outputs are no longer correct.

 

INPUTS
File name
/Timecard.xlsx
Table name
Timecard
Column1
7/5/2018
Column2
6:41 PM
 
OUTPUTS
 
Column1
7/5/2018
Column2
2018-07-06T18:41:00Z
Row id
gVAt_hb0Klo
 
----------------------------------- 
 
INPUTS
File name
/Timecard.xlsx
Table name
Timecard
 
Column1
7/3/2018
Column2
6:58 PM
 
OUTPUTS
 
Column1
7/3/2018
Column2
6:58 PM
Row id
NTDbckh4EwM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Celdere,

 

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

 

The screenshot of my flow as below:

Capture.PNG

 

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

 

The run details of the Insert row action as below:

Capture.PNG 

 

 

Please take a try to create a new flow and made a test on your side to see if the issue still exists.

 

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

 

 

Best regards,

Alice

 

 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Celdere,

 

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about your scenes?

 

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

 

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted

Run July 10. Output time formatting doesn't match input formattingRun July 10. Output time formatting doesn't match input formattingRun July 3, Output formatting matches input formatting.Run July 3, Output formatting matches input formatting.

 

Here's what I'm seeing in the flow reports. It appears that the inputs are the same on both, but something changes between input and output to give me different formatting. Flow seems to have stopped working properly between July 5 and July 6.

 

Flow configuration is below and has not been changed since it was created in June. Definitely was not changed between July 5 and 6. It just no longer works. As I said, the Excel "Insert row" function is receiving the proper inputs, so the conversion functions I have set up are working properly, but somewhere between input and output the Insert Row function is losing the formatting.

 

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 10.27.01 AM.png

Highlighted

Hi @Celdere,

 

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

 

The screenshot of my flow as below:

Capture.PNG

 

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

 

The run details of the Insert row action as below:

Capture.PNG 

 

 

Please take a try to create a new flow and made a test on your side to see if the issue still exists.

 

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

 

 

Best regards,

Alice

 

 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@v-yuazh-msft I recreated the flow and encountered the same issue when linking to the same spreadsheet. I created a new spreadsheet as a test and it worked correctly, so I guess I'll just use the new one going forward. I don't believe that I've changed the formatting of the table within the original spreadsheet, so I'm not sure what the issue is, but it's possible that there's a formatting issue on the Excel sheet that's causing the output to differ from the input. I had a hard time getting the flow set up to show the right formatting, so did change some cell formatting at the beginning that might not have kicked in until I got down to later rows.

 

Will be keeping an eye on the new one though just to see if it breaks too! And now that I better understand flow I won't need to format anything within the spreadsheet like I did before.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,516)