cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

To-Do task on behalf of someone

Hello all,

I'm looking for some solution, if it is possible to create tasks in someone else To-Do or Outlook Tasks. I would like to use it as part of onboarding. Also I would like to use it as weekly tasks that will be generated and assigned automatically by Flow to list of To-Do users.

Does anyody have some idea? I don't want to use Planner as the there is need to invite task assignee to O365 group to be able to handle such tasks.

Thank you for any ideas.

P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vecerpa,

I am afraid that the current action cannot automatically assign the task to list of To-Do users.

If you would like to create a task and assign to someone automatically by Microsoft flow, you could vote for the similar ideal in the forum below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-and-assign-Outlook-tasks-to-someone-else/idi-p...

Also you could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vecerpa,

I am afraid that the current action cannot automatically assign the task to list of To-Do users.

If you would like to create a task and assign to someone automatically by Microsoft flow, you could vote for the similar ideal in the forum below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-and-assign-Outlook-tasks-to-someone-else/idi-p...

Also you could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-bacao-msft,

I have already voted for this idea. So now I have to wait to be able to realize this business case via Flow. Hope I will find some workaround for this now.

Thanks.

P.

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @vecerpa!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum or found an existing idea to upvote, then you need to post the URL to the idea’s thread as a reply to this thread. Then click "Accept as Solution" on the reply if you approve it as a solution to your issue so that other users may vote for the Flow Idea and identify the information easily within this thread.

Thank You for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities

Upvotes registered.

This would be such a useful addition to our modern approvals. It would save sending reminders and annoying emails. a reminder task to make sure aprovers remeber to reply that they can manage when they have replied.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (68,915)