cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Today date same as sharepoint item date

Hello,

I cant get the following scenario to work. I have a sharepoint list with a date colum "Sluttdato". Evryday I want a flow to run and send email for that list item if the Sluttdato is equal to today date. I have tried the following condition, but it doesnt work. Any tips?

@equals(item()['Sluttdato'],utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd')) 

I also try to send my self an email with utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd'), but i cant get it to send the date only the text utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd') is displayed. Any tips to send email with functions like this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: Today date same as sharepoint item date

In what format is your data returned if you do a Get Items on the list?  SharePoint support multiple date and time formats.  You can pick the right format accordingly.  Since the data itself is a "string", you may have to use string manipulation functions - like substring() as well.

HTH.

Highlighted

Date is returned in the following format 2016-06-30, but i found why the comdition didnt work. The list item returns the date before what is in the list? 

For example if 2016-06-30 is the date in the list returning this date trough the flow gives me 2016-06-29 and returning 2016-07-01 gives med 2016-06-30. Weird, but maybe there is some timezone difference that makes this behaviour?  

Highlighted

hi i have the same issue. May be we should use adddays([sharepointdate] -1) and the compare ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,618)