cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Integral
Level: Powered On

Todoist date incorrectly includes time

Hi,

I have created a task to run whenever an email is received into a certain account. It creates a Todoist task for 2 days time however it includes a time even though the date format that I submit is only a date. The issue with this is that is always puts those tasks at the top of the day's task list, regardless of its priority. 

Inputs:
Due Date
5-Sep-19
Outputs:
Task Due Date
2019-09-04T23:00:00.000Z

Interestingly, even though the output decreases the time by 1 hour, the task is still shown as midnight on 5 Sept.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Todoist date incorrectly includes time

Hi @Integral ,

I did a test on my side, although the Task Due Date displayed in Output contains time, the task created in Todoist does not contain time.

Expression reference:

formatDateTime(body('Add_to_time'),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Please try to refer to the following image to configure Flow.

112.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Integral 

Can you share a screenshot of the flow?

While updating/ creating the task, are you directly passing the received time value? if so, you can modify that to a particular time format using the formatdatetime function: 

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['DateTimeReceived'],'dd/MM/yyyy')

this is considering that you are using the when an email arrives trigger. 

If this differs, please post some screenshots of the flow so that we can better understand the issue and assist you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Integral

Thanks for the reply That is pretty much what I am doing! However I have used "Get Future Time" to add on 2 days to the date the email is received and use the output from that:

formatDateTime(body('Get_future_time'),'d-MMM-yy')

It appears to be submitted correct but somehow is then changed (in my original message you can see the input to Todoist from the Flow and, what I assume is, the result from Todoist).

Untitled

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Integral 

Can you try this: 

dd.PNG

Expression: 

addDays(triggerBody()?['DateTimeReceived'],2)

Note that flow takes all input times from triggers in UTC. So you can use the convert action to convert the time to your timezone. 

If you need the task due date to be 23:59:59 of the 2 days from the recieved time, you will have to configure the date in an expression as: 

formatDateTime(addDays(triggerBody()?['DateTimeReceived'],2),'yyyy-MM-ddT23:59:59')

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Integral ,

I did a test on my side, although the Task Due Date displayed in Output contains time, the task created in Todoist does not contain time.

Expression reference:

Please try to refer to the following image to configure Flow.

112.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Integral

Expression reference:

This sorted it, thank you! 

It must have been Todoist adding a time when the date value was formatted my way (dd-MMM-yy) but formatting it your way has pushed it through just as a date.

As an aside, it took me 3-4 attempts to get the dynamic content to save correctly after I changed it. I would enter the new text, press update, press save then when I clicked on it there was either the original equation or only part of the new one there. Worth double checking as my first 2 tests simply used the old formula as I had not noticed.

Thanks for your help 😄

Integral

I'm back! Unfortunately the new version of the todoist flow has brought this issue back again. I'm entering the dates in same same way as before (yyyy-MM-dd) but now it has a time associated with the task in Todoist.

I've tried a couple of variations but the time always shows in Todoist. As before, this then messes up the order of tasks since ones with times come first.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,270)