cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trishmalloy
Level: Powered On

Tracking Task Completion assigned to multiple people and then firing an email when all people have completed their parts

Hello,

I created a SharePoint calendar that is used to track accreditation requirements throughout the year.  People within the department are assigned tasks (not SharePoint or Outlook tasks btw), often times there are several people assigned to a task.  The request is to be able to have each person assigned to a task "sign off", or place a checkmark in a Complete box and when the last person has signed off, set the entire task to complete and email the supervisor in charge of the calendar.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
trishmalloy

Re: Tracking Task Completion assigned to multiple people and then firing an email when all people have completed their parts

I created a Content Type in the SharePoint list for the specific task that is assigned to multiple people where each need to "sign off" before the Complete field is set to Yes and an email to the supervisor indicating the task is complete is sent.  Now, I'm not sure how to create this flow.

ICC BWC Task Complete.PNG

spoye

Re: Tracking Task Completion assigned to multiple people and then firing an email when all people have completed their parts

I have something very similar how did you complete we  have been stuck for some time.

trishmalloy

Hello,

I don't think I heard back from anyone in the community so I had to come up with a clunky solution.  I created a content type for each task which includes the assignee(s), each assignee places a check by their name and when the last person has placed a check by their name we've asked them to also place a check by the Complete field to fire the workflow.  Setting this up in a hard coded way is the only way I currently know how to handle this situation.  Maybe @ScottShearer can help if he has time.  

Trish

spoye

Thank you he has tried to help me but i have no solution as of yet.   Something you think is simple just doesn't seem to be in flow.   Just want to fire an email when all departments sign off.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 476 members 4,503 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: