Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morghan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Tracking a request via list to list contact

Hello, I'll get right to it...

Goal: To have a "Request Tracking" list to see the stages of when a request was made, when it was approved and when the request has been fully completed.

I have 4 total lists. List 1 is where a Property Manager fills out a new form to make an account adjustment request. The Accounting Manager reviews the request and either Approves or Rejects it (uses a drop-down in the form to do so). 

The request is then "moved" to List 2 (created, then removed from List 1), which is my Request Tracking list, as well as List 3, which is where an Accounting team member posts the account adjustment in our accounting system.

Finally, once the Accounting team member posts the adjustment in our accounting system, they mark the item in their List 3 as "Completed" - at which point, the item is "moved" to List 4 (created, deleted from List 3) where it will live forever. *Once this step occurs, I am wanting to have List 3's Modified At timestamp used as "Posted Date" in my List 2 Request Tracker.

Currently, my List 2 Request Tracking list is correctly using the Created At timestamp from List 1 for "Requested date," and is also correctly using the Created At timestamp for "Approved/Rejected date" in List 2. 

I am aware of Get Item functions, and think that's what I'd have to use here, but I am having trouble getting the right combination to get this to work. Right now, once my entire flow is complete, the "Posted At" time stamp in my List 2 Request Tracker remains blank:

Posted Date.jpg

I hope you can help.. 

Thank you,

M

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Morghan ,

Have you observed Flow run history?

1. check the steps to get the specified data. Does the action run successfully?
  2. observe the step of filling the obtained data into the specified field. Does the action run successfully?

Please check these places and make the appropriate adjustments.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft - 

Once I change the item in List 3 to "Completed," I am running a Get Item on List 3, then applied an Update Item to List 2 to update the "Posted At" column with the Modified At timestamp from List 3. The Update Item action fails with a "404 - Could not find list item." The ID is always the same for both so I think that's possibly causing the issue (i.e., the ID for the item in List 2 likely differs from it's ID in List 3?)

Get Item using ID from "When item is created/modified" :

Test-1.jpg

Doesn't work when Update Item uses ID from "Get Item" or "When item is created/modified" :

Test-2.jpg

Doesn't work when trying to set the Update item to use "Modified" from the previous "Get Item" nor the "When item is created/modified" :

Test-3.jpg

The List 2 "Posted At" remains blank after the flow runs.

I hope this helps explain my hang-up!! Any advice you have is tremendously appreciated. This would be stellar to get working.

As always, thank you for your time,

M

Hi @v-bacao-msft just following up to see if you had other advice based on my flow run history in my last comment?

Thank you in advance,

Morghan

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (18,519)