cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjgenesis
Level: Powered On

Tracking email Options sent from a Flow

I've been testing the Send email with options flow and I have figured out how to send an email to a group using the "Apply to Each" function, but I don't see where I can track the answers selected from those emails that go out?

I have a compliance need to record the Yes/No option when the user selects their response, but I don't see where this data is kept or how to retain it for audit purposes?  Am I going to have to use Flow or some other application to record everyone's responses?

THanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Tracking email Options sent from a Flow

@mjgenesis 

You'll need to save the responses somewhere (such as a SharePoint list) if you want to retain that information.  The responses are not automatically saved anywhere.

If you need an example, please provide a screen shot of that part of your Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mjgenesis,

The data of response for the select option can be only used in this run of Flow.

You can take @ScottShearer 's advice that creates a SharePoint list to store these optional emails' select option after the Email receiver responds, the SharePoint list may have columns that Email address, response, etc.

You can refer to the following Flow configure:Annotation 2019-09-10 140819.png

I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mjgenesis

I followed the setup based on the instructions, but I'm continuing to get a 502 - Bad Gateway error.  I'm not sure where the issue could be.  Is there something I missed?

image.png

mjgenesis

I think I figured it out.  Instead of using the action update item, I changed it to Create item.  Since these are new recorded entries, there isn't ever going to be anything to update.  Additionally, I believe the update item requires the ID of the item you are updating and in my case that was never going to happen as all entries are new.  Thanks for everyones help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,362)