cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transfer item from original sharepoint to another sharepoint once assigned to a specifi person

Hello,

I am having a hard time creating a flow in sharepoint. Can someone send me flow that works when item in sharepoint A is assigned to specific person it will transfer to sharepoint B. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Can you please provide more details what do you mean SharePoint A and SharePoint B? Are you talking about document libraries OR SharePoint Lists ?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PrasadAthalye , I'm referring to Sharepoint Lists. The table I have is like this. Once "not assigned to" is changed to a persons name that's the time it will transfer to another sharepoint list. 

Request#Assigned toRequest Email Subject 
123456Self NameTesting 
654321Not yet assignedTesting 2 

I think you can achieve this as below...

• Create a Yes\No column in the list called 'Entrycreated' with default value as false. We will update this once you create a entry in new list.
  • Use Trigger 'When an Item OR file is modified'
  • In the trigger settings, add condition like below. This is to trigger only when Assigned to is not yet assigned and someone edits something. I assume that Assigned to is a dropdown since you have 'Not yet assigned' as value in there. If its not, please confirm.
@And(not(equals(triggerBody()?['Assigned to'], 'Not yet assigned')), equals(triggerBody()?['Entry Created'], false))
  • Then use Create Item to create entry in new list.
  • Then use Update Item to set Entry created as True in the first list.

PrasadAthalye_0-1625155634295.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

-Where should I put the trigger setting?

-No, "assigned to" is the column name but there is a drop down with different list of names. (sample list: Jane, Bea, Ken)

-The default text when list is created is "Not yet assigned". So, when it changed to username (Jane, Bea, Ken) that's the time it will transfer to other SharePoint site. 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,322)