cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
joser1813
Level: Power Up

Transfering files from a Personal One Drive to a One Drive for business account

I was trying to use Flow to transfer the files from my personal account to the One Drive account provided by my college. I fail at doing so. Can anyone help me to build the flow properly? Here is a picture of what I was doing

Update: Now I´m using a template but it doesn't look like it's doing anything (I don't see the files in the Business acc). I found a template that allow you to transfer from a Personal account to a Business account of One Drive. Here is the link to the template: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/es-es/galleries/public/templates/75d4a37dec744681abd57d56a8398f09/copi...

You can search for it by this name: Copy files from One Drive for Business when they're added to One Drive.

Please, let me understand what I'm doing wrong. As I said, I want to copy the files from one account to another different one, wiithout downloading and uploading againt because I have a bad Internet conecction

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Transfering files from a Personal One Drive to a One Drive for business account

Hi @joser1813,

Do you want to transfer existing files from OneDrive for Personal to OneDrive for business?

Maybe you can try this workaround:

1.Set up manual triggers, using the OneDrive--List files in folder action to list all files from the root directory.

2.Then use Get file content to get the file content and then create the file in OneDrive for Business.

3.Because the previous List files in folder action will also list the subfolder, so add a Condition, if the listed items are folders, do not create a file.

However, such a method can only transfer all the files inside to another account, but will not retain the original directory structure.

Image reference:

26.PNG

As for the template you used but did not create a file, I did a test on my side and did not make any changes to the template. It can create files normally.

Could you provide the configuration for using this template?

Here are the results of my test:

25.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Transfering files from a Personal One Drive to a One Drive for business account

Hi @joser1813,

Do you want to transfer existing files from OneDrive for Personal to OneDrive for business?

Maybe you can try this workaround:

1.Set up manual triggers, using the OneDrive--List files in folder action to list all files from the root directory.

2.Then use Get file content to get the file content and then create the file in OneDrive for Business.

3.Because the previous List files in folder action will also list the subfolder, so add a Condition, if the listed items are folders, do not create a file.

However, such a method can only transfer all the files inside to another account, but will not retain the original directory structure.

Image reference:

26.PNG

As for the template you used but did not create a file, I did a test on my side and did not make any changes to the template. It can create files normally.

Could you provide the configuration for using this template?

Here are the results of my test:

25.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @joser1813!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-bacao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 136 members 5,367 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: