Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
teqs
Level: Powered On

Transpose JSON Data or Transpose Create HTML result

Hello,

I struggle to get a transposed "Create HTML table".

Transpose means something like rotate: Coloums of should be rows and rows shoud be coloumns. 

(Excel Example to show transpose: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/transpose-rotate-data-from-rows-to-columns-or-vice-versa-34... )

I know there is also a CSS/Stylesolution to transpose a HTML table itself, but it is only a bad workarround which is only working for really simple and small cells. In my case the CSS/Style solution solution do not work.

I needed a full day to even parse a dynamic JSON, solution with credits linked here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Parse-dynamic-JSON-for-every-array-element-and-ev...

But I still struggle to build the transposed Data. It's not as easy as it sounds. Because data structure are different. Also JSON array of elements can miss a property in some array-elements, which other array elemenst have (if the property value is null/empty). I run into a big bunch of problems.

Perhaps I am searching in a wrong direction and someone knows a much better way.

I can think of three solutions:

1. Transpose the JSON Data, before hand them over to official "Create HTML Table" Connector. (Would be best idea, but I do not get managed to transpose JSON in flow)

2. Transpose the result of "Create HTML Table" Connector. (Would be also a good idea, but I do not get managed to transpose the

HTML Table in flow)

3. Parse the JSON by self and create a own  "Create transposed HTML Table"-Connector as Flow per HTTP-Trigger. I tried, as you see in the other thread, even the parsing of the dynamic JSON was hard.

Someone knows of a easier idea?

Thanks a lot and best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Transpose JSON Data or Transpose Create HTML result

Hi @teqs ,

I‘m afraid that there is no any way could transpose the result of "Create HTML Table" Connector in microsoft flow currently and there is no any easy way to achieve your requirement. I suggest that you could take a try with your third solutions.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Transpose JSON Data or Transpose Create HTML result

Hi @teqs ,

I‘m afraid that there is no any way could transpose the result of "Create HTML Table" Connector in microsoft flow currently and there is no any easy way to achieve your requirement. I suggest that you could take a try with your third solutions.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,989)