cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgm

Trapping Yammer #joined messages

I am trying to reply with a Welcome message when a new user joins our Yammer network.

First, is there a group Id for the All Company group so I can restrict the flow to just that group?

Second, I am using a simple condtion:

Object Name: Message Text

Relationship: Contains

Value: has #joined the melbpc.org.au network.

This translates into 

@contains(triggerBody()['content_excerpt'], 'has #joined the melbpc.org.au network.')

However it does doesn't trigger when the Outputs for the Body of the message contain:

"content_excerpt": "Somebody else has #joined the melbpc.org.au network.",

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
mgm

I'm a bit disappointed that nobdy has been able to help me with what I thought would be a simple problem to solve. Looks like I will have to look into writing Yammer API code, which I have been trying to avoid.

mgm

rncharlesworth

I'm looking to do the same thing.  Did you ever figure this out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to figure out how to do something similar, albeit more general: I'd like to be able to create a conditional trigger based on a certain Yammer topic (hashtag) - I could look in the message body, but topics can be added in Yammer that are not in the message body. 

Hopefully someone from the Flow team will respond soon.

Cheers,

- mars -

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,658)