cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Trigge on an SP list when an item is modified

I created a flow that is triggered when an item is modified in a SP list.  It works but it does not stop running. It is a simple flow with three condition  steps.  Each condition checks for a number in a field.  If it eq 1 then send this email,  if 2, send this one and if 3 send this one.  It completes the flow by updating the SP list field back to 0

My issue is the flow does not stop.  It creates a flow for each step and then does it all again a few seconds later. I am getting thousands of flows in no time.  It is as if the SP list is being modified all the time.  What is wrong? should it do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Trigge on an SP list when an item is modified

OK I solved this. Doh! The last step did the update was acutally triggering a modification to the SP list again so in reality I had created a permanent loop.  Removed it and all OK now

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Trigge on an SP list when an item is modified

OK I solved this. Doh! The last step did the update was acutally triggering a modification to the SP list again so in reality I had created a permanent loop.  Removed it and all OK now

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,628)