cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtagliaferri
Helper III
Helper III

Trigger Condition When an item or a file is

I am trying to set a trigger condition to initiate When an item or a file is modified step from a calculate columns based on number.

The flow works perfectly with the first two conditions, as soon as I add 

@greater(triggerOutputs()?['body/Tot_x0020_Days_x0020_C'], 7)

The flow generates an error:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for trigger 'When_an_item_or_a_file_is_modified' at line '1' and column '20782': 'The template language function 'greater' expects two parameter of matching types. The function was invoked with values of type 'String' and 'Integer' that do not match.'.

I have also tried the trigger condition:

@greater(int(triggerOutputs()?['body/Tot_x0020_Days_x0020_C'], 7))

But I am getting the same error, I have tried to change the column to single text using the formula to return the number int he SharePoint library.

Screenshot (2).pngCapture1.JPG

Any ideas on how I can add this trigger?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @mtagliaferri,

I have seen in a couple of blogs that calculated number fields are output as floats:

https://sharepains.com/2018/09/03/microsoft-flow-handling-calculated-fields-in-microsoft-flow/

Can you try this expression as a test instead?

@greater(float(triggerOutputs()?['body/Tot_x0020_Days_x0020_C']), 7.0000000000000)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @mtagliaferri,

I have seen in a couple of blogs that calculated number fields are output as floats:

https://sharepains.com/2018/09/03/microsoft-flow-handling-calculated-fields-in-microsoft-flow/

Can you try this expression as a test instead?

@greater(float(triggerOutputs()?['body/Tot_x0020_Days_x0020_C']), 7.0000000000000)

View solution in original post

mtagliaferri
Helper III
Helper III

That’s done the trick! Thanks!

BernDog

I know how to add the filename that was modified or added in an expression of a trigger but how can you add the user/name of the individual who actually modifed or added the file as well?  The notification in MS Teams displays the owner of the flow but Id like the user to appear in the actual message, see ex below:

BernDog_1-1611328132778.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (74,916)