cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakepr
Regular Visitor

Trigger Conditions in a Scheduled Flow

Hello,

I have a sharepoint list with 1827 items in it.  I want to do a scheduled flow to run at 0015 each morning to check certain columns in the list.  One column is Follow-up due date and the other is Result of Review.  The purpose of the flow is to check the follow up due date to see if it is before today's date (late) and then to get the status of the Result of Review (choice field) of status "Pending Review". If these conditions are met, then I will update the list with a different status. (Which I know how to do).  I am stuck on trying to use trigger conditions to make my flow run more quickly, but it doesnt work when I use the @equals(triggerbody()?['ResultofReview']?['Value'], 'Pending Review').  It does work when I use OData filter of ResultofReview eq 'Pending Review'.  But doing the OData route makes the flow at least 17s because there is 1827 records.  I tried a condition after the get items to look for the follow-up date and then do a less than UTCNOW() and in the true column is my results, but it still returns the same amount that is prior to this condition.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @jakepr 

Could you add a compose action step and use the below expression

triggerbody()?['ResultofReview']?['Value']

See what value is returning?

Not sure you need the value attribute here. Try the expression without the value.

triggerbody()?['ResultofReview']

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
jakepr
Regular Visitor

Ya. I could try that. I did copy and paste the values from my list. Thats not the issue tho...it's the date.

Hi @jakepr 

I didn't get that. What value it is returning for the below expressions?

triggerbody()?['ResultofReview']?['Value']

triggerbody()?['ResultofReview']

Add two compose actions  and add the above two expressions.

Remove the current trigger expressions. I want to see what values are returning. You mentioned its the date which I am not very clear.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
jakepr
Regular Visitor

So I think I have a half work around.  I just did a get future time in Odata since my column I was trying to point to is a calculated column.  It works, but the flow is kinda slow. Around 1-2 min total. 

jakepr_1-1642209602936.png

jakepr
Regular Visitor

So the two values I need to filter is the Result of Return value and the Follow-up Due Date value. (if the date is after today's date)

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,116)