Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickiGreene
Advocate I
Advocate I

Trigger Failed Connector Dynamics 365 to SharePoint

Hi,

Looking to understand if there are additional things that have to be setup in order for Microsoft Flow to run against a Dynamics tenant.

Scenario: I have created a very basic Flow using the template 'When a record is created in Dynamics 365 create an item in SharePoint'

I have connected to the Dynamics 365 Organisation and selected entity name, then I have populated the 'SharePoint Create Item' action. The Flow is saved without problem.

When adding a new record in Dynamics the Flow is not being triggered.

• Dynamics and SharePoint are in the same tenant.
  • I have tried this with a custom entity and a standard one (contact) with the same result
  • I am trying to get any information populated into the SharePoint list to validate this process works - therefore nothing complex
  • I have successfully create a Flow that works the other way around - it creates an Dynamics record when SharePoint list item is added - therefore not a problem with the list or entity type being selected.
  • My Flow is active but just does not run, if I click on Learn More I see that the trigger failed

DynamicsFlow2.png

Any suggestions? I can see no health issues in 365.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi NickiGreene,

How did you start the flow? I guess that you start the flow from the template “Create a SharePoint item based on a Dynamics 365 record”.

Please try again to start the flow from blank using the trigger “Dynamics 365 – When a record is created” and the action “SharePoint – Create an item”.

Please try it on your side and let me know if it will work.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi NickiGreene,

How did you start the flow? I guess that you start the flow from the template “Create a SharePoint item based on a Dynamics 365 record”.

Please try again to start the flow from blank using the trigger “Dynamics 365 – When a record is created” and the action “SharePoint – Create an item”.

Please try it on your side and let me know if it will work.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you Mabel! It's the one thing I hadn't tried and it worked a treat. I'll certainly have that as default problem solving tactic in the future.

For others looking for a solution

1. In Microsoft Flow - Create from Blank (rather than any of the templates)
  2. Chose popular trigger that was then displayed - 'Dynamics When a record is created'
  3. Added the SharePoint action after the trigger

Much appreciated

Nicki

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,019)