cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Trigger Flow based on Excel File content

Hi all,

I'm looking into creating a flow which will be triggered if a file (XLSX) is being stored or changed on a Sharepoint website, validates if a specific string is somewhere inside the excel file and if condition is true will send an e-mail to a user with the related file as an attachment.

I got this working so far using following components:

- Trigger = Sharepoint if new file will be created or changed

- Action = Sharepoint read file contents (from trigger location)

- Action = Read my O365 profile

- Action = send e-mail to me with excel file

The only thing I'm struggling is to build the condition into the flow that the e-mail will only be send if the excel file contains a string like for example "xyz".

Any ideas how to realize this?

KR,

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello sbossler,

Please try following expression like 'string(body('Get_file_content')) contains'. Thanks

Johnnyg_0-1599921731190.png

Referred Post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-fails-on-condition-file-contents-contains/td...

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've tried this but it's unfortunately not working. The condition is not detecting my string even it's inside the source file.

I saw some comments that this might only work with txt files. In my case it's an excel file with multiple spreadsheet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (47,088)