cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepthih
Level: Powered On

Trigger MS flow when a field is updated in Dynamics CRM

I have created a Microsoft Flow where it will send an email with lazy approval to the user . It is working fine. 

But I have to either trigger the flow manually or  on an update of the field in Dynamics CRM. I have searched for the options to trigger it on update of a specific field in CRM, but no luck.

Is there any way I can get some API where I can Run the Flow directly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Trigger MS flow when a field is updated in Dynamics CRM

The Dynamics connector documentation outlines what is available for use as a trigger. Have you considered running the Flow on a schedule, and then using a condition to check if the record has been updated in a specified time or not (such as weekly or monthly)? Dynamics also offers a full REST API

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

deepthih
Level: Powered On

Re: Trigger MS flow when a field is updated in Dynamics CRM

Hey Brad, 

Thankyou for the response. My idea to triiger flow from dynamics CRM is to trigger it in real time when a buuton is clicked or a field is updated but not on schedule basis. So i am just looking if there is any way to trigger flow through some script or workflow from Dynamics CRM.

Please find the sample flow that I have created. flow.png

Here I am triggering flow when a Contact record is updated in , but i have trigger when a field is updated in Contact or on click of some buttom on the contact Record.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,317)