cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeffwllms
Level: Power Up

Trigger: Outlook: When an email is Flagged

So, it there a way to get the flag status whith this trigger, or custom flag? Is a category considerd a flag.  What I am trying to do is when and email is flagged (or assigned a color category) I want to actually save that message to a sharepoint list.  

The other one is to great a task in planner.

Either way I need to get the value of the flag, so that when a flag is changed or completed, etc. I can then have the proper planner item updated.  Or the the sharpoint puporse I can look at custom flags/color categories and save the email to diffrent locations based on the flag.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trigger: Outlook: When an email is Flagged

Hi @jeffwllms,

Category is not considered as a flag. Here are all the available dynamic content you can get from the flag action and it does not include the flag status information.

1.PNG2.PNG

So this cannot be achieved so far in flow, you could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Hodini
Level: Power Up

I just posted below to a different entry regarding a trigger on email flags. I believe I am looking to do the same thing as you. Have you made any progress? I questioned whether the solution lies in: "add a switch case" or "add a condition." I'm not sure how to use these. I see that the flag trigger is defind as: @triggerBody()?['value']. I think the value is the content of the flag...seems there would be someway to only trigger when flag has a specific value...

MY POSTING:

Is it possible for me to create a trigger for flagged emails AND where the flag matches a specific value? This would allow me to create a trigger for those emails that are flagged today, a sepate one for those that are marked tomorrow, etc. Then I could post those emails to an appropriate list (like in Trello, or Wunderlist, or Evernote, etc.).

Perhaps it can be done by using "add a switch case" or "add a condition". Before I go exploring that, can someone tell me if I am on the right track? Can this be done with Flow now, or is further development required.

CW
Level: Powered On

Hodini, I want to do something similar as well. Did you ever get a response to this or did you just hear crickets?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 82 members 3,459 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: