cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Trigger SharePoint When a file is created/modified properties only is missing properties!

I am using the trigger SharePoint - When a file is created or modified (properties only) and it appears to be missing properties at run time.

In the editor I see the properties I want to work with:

When it runs, the trigger doens't have the properties and the value doesn't show up in my further actions

Lozzi
slalom
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Trigger SharePoint When a file is created/modified properties only is missing properties!

I have encountered the same problem. On run time, a condition fails as the modified by appears to be NULL. When I click open the trigger (output used in condition), I see no mention of modified by or editor, only author. This Flow was working earlier. Something changed?

Error i'm getting: 

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition_-_Modified_by' at line '' and column '': 'The template language function 'endswith' expects its first parameter to be of type string. The provided value is of type 'Null'. 

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Trigger SharePoint When a file is created/modified properties only is missing properties!

Edit: this prevented my flows from going in an error state. However, the condition i set to check whether the item was modified by a service account (such as the one used in the flow) did not work anymore as the variable remained empty. This caused my flow to enter an endless loop. Created a ticket for this issue.

As a workaround, I have added the initialize variable action as shown below before my condition and updated my condition to use the output variable 'Editor' from this action. Maybe this can be a temporary fix for you too. Would like to hear if something has changed in the backend that caused this issue to show up.

workaround.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wnzn,

Thanks for your feedback, the issue is confirmed on my side, I would post this issue to my product team. If the issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,714)