cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koechsle
Level: Powered On

Trigger a file creation after a list update

I'm a fairly new MS Flow user, but I've been working for a few days on this issue, and I'm stumped. 

I've been trying to get a file to be created in SharePoint using list items that are created when a specific MS Form is filled out. 

I can get the list items to populate just fine, but I want another file to be created when these list items are created. Can i do that in the same flow or do i need to create a separate flow for the "create item" action i want. 

Here is what the flow i have right now looks like, but I've tried doing parallel actions too, but the flow just never realizes that a new list item is created. 

testing.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zachjbennett

Re: Trigger a file creation after a list update

Hi @koechsle 

You were so close! Try creating the Flow as this to get the desired outcome you want.

If you place the "Create File" on the outside of the "Apply to Each" you can get the outcome you wanted. By when a item is added to the sharepoint list a file is also created where you require. 

Snapshot - 2019-21-3-16-58-53.png

If you like my answer please mark it as correct and leave some Kudos Smiley Happy 

Thanks

Zach.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
zachjbennett

Hi @koechsle 

You were so close! Try creating the Flow as this to get the desired outcome you want.

If you place the "Create File" on the outside of the "Apply to Each" you can get the outcome you wanted. By when a item is added to the sharepoint list a file is also created where you require. 

Snapshot - 2019-21-3-16-58-53.png

If you like my answer please mark it as correct and leave some Kudos Smiley Happy 

Thanks

Zach.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
koechsle

I had to add a couple other things to make it all work the way I wanted to , but your suggestion set me on the right path, thank you soooo much for your help! 

For reference I had to  change so the create file was outside the inital apply to all, then add an additional "apply to all' selecting an output from a previous step to produce the file I wanted. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 69 members 3,679 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: