cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aheskia

Trigger a flow when document created on an external SPO document library

Hi,

One of my suppliers create files on an SPO that I have access to with my O365 credentials (I have been been invited to that SPO site and I do have acces to that file without any issue) :

I need to copy this file to one of my SPO Site:

When I create the flow (on my tenant) with the trigger "When a file is created (properties only)" and the following parameters :

it creates a connection with my O365 username but I get an error 401 regarding incorrect permission. 

aheskia_0-1621265327973.png

How can I solve this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aheskia 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to trigger sharepoint site from external tenant but get permission error. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

Please check this site first.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/environments-overview-maker

It clearly says "When you switch environments, you see only items that are created in that specific environment; you won't see or have access to items in any other environment." So what you want to do is not possible at the moment.

v-duann-msft_0-1621306004883.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aheskia 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to trigger sharepoint site from external tenant but get permission error. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

Please check this site first.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/environments-overview-maker

It clearly says "When you switch environments, you see only items that are created in that specific environment; you won't see or have access to items in any other environment." So what you want to do is not possible at the moment.

v-duann-msft_0-1621306004883.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

Hi Anna

Thanks for your information. So there is no way for me to get documents from an external SPO site even if my credentials are authiorized to connect to that site ?

Thanks for your support,

Antoine Heskia

Hi @aheskia 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that's right as all power automate/apps are based on environment. Since we can access anything across different environments, we can't access sharepoint site located in other tenants. This is a by design issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. If possible, you can go to UserVoice website to post your request.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Please click Accept as Solution if my post is helpful to you. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Best regards,

Anna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,489)