cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger an MS Flow if a file is published

I'd like to have the team to work on documents stored in a specific sharepoint folder undisturbed. However, whenever they think that a document is to leave the draft status and is ready for plublication (i.e. whenever they publish a document) I would like to trigger an approval flow. My approach boils down to this:

1- get the file details using a SharePoint: When a file is created or modified (properties only action)

2- Setup a condition that would test whether the Approval Status was changed to Pending.

3A - If it is set to Pending, then start the approval flow

3B - If it is not set to pending, then ingore the trigger - since it is caused by another event

I can't figure out how to write the condition, i.e. how to set it up so that i can test the Approve Status Value. (identify whether the trigger is fired by a publish action)

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've found an alternative here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Cookbook/Publish-approval-manual-flow/td-p/79600

this is needed since Flow doesn't yet support publish triggers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've found an alternative here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Cookbook/Publish-approval-manual-flow/td-p/79600

this is needed since Flow doesn't yet support publish triggers

stefgerardi
Regular Visitor

Hi, I would like to do the same but only when a news post is published on SharePoint. I've set up a flow on power apps and it works but it sends out a notification via email and teams as soon as I create a new post, which is not what i want because i dont even get a chance to name the post and it straight away sends out a notification whilst the post is still a draft before even publishing it. Can anyone help me out? I am not able to view the link listed above either.

Same here... Have you found a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,298)