cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Trigger based on value in excel column?

I work in HR and need to change the rate of an employee on their 2nd and 4th anniversary. My employee roster can be emailed and updated daily but I need to be notified somehow who hit their 2 and 4 year anniversary. Ideally it would create a planner task but even email notification would be good. So can something scan a sheet/table/column and based on condition of value of the cell it creates an action? Thanks!!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KLEVINE,

Could you please share more details about your scenes?

Could you please share more details about your requirement?

I couldn't understand you requirement based on your discription,please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Hello,

When an employee completes 2 years of service (celebrates a 2 year anniversary) at work - i need to increase their rate of pay.  I hae a spreadsheet that has their hire date.  I could put the spreadsheet into a sharepoint list but i need some way to identify employees when it is their 2 year anniversary and generate a notice to myself so that i can begin the process of increasing their rate of pay.

John Levesque recommend using the template that sends birthday emails since it will match the date but i am unable to make that work for a number of reasons - in that template it seems that the condition of @equals is looking for a column titled Birthday Date where as the description of the template says a column named BirthDate - see attached for error and list i created. Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 5.33.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-13 at 5.33.30 AM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,645)