cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ann_DAS
Helper II
Helper II

Trigger condition always false

I created a Power Automate flow to run when a list item is modified using a condition field and while it seemed to work well when I tested it, as soon as it's rolled out in a real-world scenario it won't (how typical).

Ann_DAS_0-1651147312734.png

As you can see, the flow is meant to run when an item is modified. The flow will get the changes, set a variable and then look at the condition to see if the condition is true (the checkbox in the list item is present). 

Ann_DAS_1-1651147466672.png

What I am asking the flow to do is to see if Ready for Approval is checked in the list item. If it is, it's supposed to start an approval

Ann_DAS_2-1651147595576.png

The issue is that when I modify the list item to add the check, the flow returns the condition as false.

What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Could you show the output of the trigger after checking "Ready for" checkbox?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

This is what I get after the condition:

Ann_DAS_0-1651148653596.png

Is this what you're looking for?

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Create a boolean variable and initialize it with the value of the checkbox.  Will you see any errors?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

OK... that's beyond my knowledge lol. Can you give me some help on that please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,198)